Buying the antibiotic Cephalexin for herself, the woman was hospitalized due to anaphylactic shock

Because I arbitrarily bought the antibiotic Cephalexin to take. 20 minutes after taking the medicine, the patient appeared dizzy, had difficulty breathing, and turned pale, so his family immediately took him to the emergency room.

On the morning of October 7, talking to a reporter from Health & Life Newspaper, Doctor Vi Van Que, Deputy Director, Nghia Dan District Medical Center (Nghe An) said that the unit had just received and treated 1 emergency patient. Cases of grade III anaphylactic shock due to arbitrarily buying and using the antibiotic Cephalexin.

Previously, patient TTH (62 years old, in Nghia Dan town) was admitted to the hospital with itchy rashes all over his body, chest tightness, difficulty breathing, pale skin, coldness, and shock.

Through medical history, it was known that patient TTH had had an allergic reaction twice. This time, before being hospitalized, Ms. TTH bought the antibiotic Cephalexin to take. 20 minutes after taking the medicine, the patient felt dizzy and was immediately taken to Nghia Dan District Medical Center for emergency treatment.

Here, doctors conducted an examination, did the necessary tests and made a diagnosis of grade III anaphylactic shock due to arbitrarily taking antibiotics.

Doctors and nurses from the Department of Emergency Resuscitation – Pediatrics, Nghia Dan Medical Center conducted emergency care, intensive resuscitation, and used anti-shock drugs for patient H.

After 2 days of treatment, the patient was out of danger, his vital index was stable, and his cyanosis was gone. Currently, patient H. continues to be monitored at the center.

“The complications of arbitrarily taking medicine at home are very dangerous, especially for patients with allergies. People should not arbitrarily buy and use medicine at home. When needing to use drugs in general or antibiotics in particular, people need to go to a medical facility to be examined, consulted and given medicine according to the doctor’s instructions to avoid unwanted complications. CKI. Nguyen Huy Hien, Head of Medical Examination Department, Nghia Dan Medical Center recommended.

Brandy Runolfsdottir

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top